Sunday, June 14, 2009

Late Night Talk Shows



I was going to going into how much I've thought Letterman has just been phoning-it-in for about 15 years, when I found the Breitbart blog while searching thru Google Images of Letterman. This guy is a lot better writer than I am and really sums it up nicely. Click here.

That particular blog post was written in April after Letterman hopped on Limbaugh for something or other. The new kerfuffle is related to some jokes he told about Sara Palin and her daughter. There have been demands for apologies and for resignations from Dave, which is an overreaction and a waste of time. Is anyone surprised that a bitter old Liberal would make jokes like the ones he did? And does it matter? (answers should be 'no') Dave hasn't been funny in years. In fact before all this happened and Leno retired I was thinking of posting about how the both of them should hang it up. Conan too. Yeah, I said it. He's been pretty boring since Andy Richter left the Late Show. Maybe the Tonight show will be better now that Andy is back with
Conan, but it still looks like the same Conan jokes to me.

I just find Spike Ferenstein, Jimmy Kimmel, and Craig Ferguson to all be funnier and more interesting.

No comments: