Saturday, January 24, 2009

New Title



I've changed the title and color of the blog. Yeah, what a life, huh?

I often say in jest when another unfortunate soul is being handed their ticket that the police officer should "lock 'em up and throw away the key! That filthy speeder!" in a mock grumpy old man voice. I've been extra speedy this weekend so it resonates. I haven't had a ticket in quite a while now. It's been at least 6 months. And it's been more than a year since the ticket/s before that so I'm well clear of the danger zone of license suspension.

Speaking of which, did anyone else see the NHTSA report that came out semi-recently about speeding (source article: thenewspaper.com)?

The report concludes that speeding causes only 5% of accidents.


Here's the break down of the primarily driver error accident causes:

Inattentiveness 41%
Poor Driving Skills 10%
Falling Asleep / Heart Attack / Medical 8%
Too Fast for Conditions (i.e. weather) 8%
Cornering too Fast 5%

If law enforcement really cared about public safety they'd move from radar guns to some sort of 'attentiveness' or 'basic skills' patrol. Distracted cell phone talkers and the inept would fund the city/county/state budget instead of speedy persons such as myself. Well, I can dream anyway.

1 comment:

Annie said...

I like the new look. It's very you.