Monday, September 8, 2008

Kindergarten Music Milestones

My daughter will be turning 6 soon and started Kindergarten last month. For some reason today I'm remembering the weird music I heard on the radio when I was her age.

I don't think I've ever seen this video before. Eddie Grant looks a lot more normal than I pictured when I was a little kid. The guy in my head looks more like a scarier George Clinton.



Elvira has to be one of the weirdest country songs I've heard to this day. I wouldn't say I liked the song, just remembered it. Notice how the music ends awkwardly on this TV show performance. Those lip syncing hillbilly bastards!



One more; I actually liked this song from the Alan Parsons Project at the time. I remember this tape looping over and over on road trips between New Mexico and Kansas City. It's definitely nerd rock. Sorry, dad.

3 comments:

lobiwan said...

"I wouldn't say I liked the song..."--I guess you were a little more sophisticated than I was, because I remember "elvira" as being the end all be all in high quality musical expression: "Giddy up Oom Boppa Oom Boppa Maow Maow" I don't know that another single line of verse has had a greater impact on my life.

Melanie-Pearl said...

all this time i thought the APP song was just the BCC themesong.

maybe they aren't the same song? either way there's something mysterious going on.

Jason R said...

That Oak Ridge Boys song reminded me of Chucky Cheese Pizza. I think their animatronic band may have covered the song. That sort of horror sticks with you. Good to hear from you Lobiwan.