Monday, February 25, 2008

Sideburn Rehab



Okay, I'm getting a little frustrated with my current barber. I directly asked for sideburns that ended where my natural hairline ended AND covered up the dark freckle in the middle of this area. What I got was Forrest Gump / Billy Bob Thorton in Slingblade non-sideburns. So for the next 4-6 weeks I will be rehabilitating my stubs. Please do not be alarmed during this time. Grief counselors will be on site to assist you.

So I'm going to have to change barbers. This is the 3rd or 4th time this has happened in 6 months. My hair is too butch and too simple to take to a 'hair stylist' but does require enough finesse that I can't really do it myself (top is a #3 guard, sides/back are #1.5 blended up). If anyone knows of a manly barber shop in town with a friendly (but not too friendly) staff that listens to their customers, I'm all ears. Guns n' Ammo magazine subscription and talk of 'dag-gummed liberals' is a plus.

7 comments:

Melanie-Pearl said...

nice no-burns dude. you look pretty pissed in that photo.

liked the grief counselling bit.

maybe you could sick the pinkified gorilla on him? (did you love it? i think it deserves a photo spot on your blog. i only regret that i did not have time to paint its nails. B was a doll about it...but she did not want to hold it. haha!)

Melanie-Pearl said...

ps)that reminds me...i'm glad you were in KC over your bday weekend. i taught SS and we talked about Ceseara Phillipi and i gave the kids feta cheese and pita chips. had she been there, B might have spontaneously combusted at the sight and smell of the cheese. (Some of the kids really pigged out on it...others hit the trash can upon insertion.)

Jason R said...

No, no, I'm not pissed. Mildly frustrated. That face is more of a 'I wonder if this picture of the side of my head will come out' look.

teason said...

you're like 2 quick slips of the clippers away from brian bosworth. you don't trust the guys down at pronto-lube--why would you trust a barber with your mane? i know, impact-wrenched drain plugs don't grow back.

chill24 said...

you could color side burns in. :)

2reasons said...

Haskins Hair Co. at Central and Rock was recommended to me. I've been going there a while and am very happy with their work. It's a little pricey, but I just got so sick of SuperCuts not doing it like I told them to that I've decided it's worth paying more.

Arika said...

Hahaha Great post.