Saturday, December 1, 2007

Paypal Sucks


PayPal is a big steaming pile of dog crap. If this weren't a mostly PG-rated blog, I'd say much worse. I'd suggest to them several inappropriate things they could do to my person, their collective genitals, and their mothers. I'd also cancel my account. But since PayPoop is pretty much the only game in Ebay town I would only be screwing myself because I have a lot of stuff to buy and sell (anyone need a spare right rear drive hub assembly for an '84-'87 Corvette?).

I'll try to keep this rant short. Some jackass in Pakistan stole my PayAlot login and bought $200 worth of stuff a couple of months ago. I don't have a clue how he got the info; could have been a key logger virus, could have infiltrated the PayCrap site; I don't know. He bought a professional wrestling Xbox game, a cellphone, and some miscellaneous little crap. Luckily he attempted to change my password at that point and was unable to answer the security questions which automatically locked up the account. So I get an email from PayDork. Not a phone call, not a letter, just an email. This leads me to believe that PayAlot does not take identity theft very seriously.

Being somewhat panicked I decide I need to talk to a person rather than emailing what may be a brick wall. After navigating their automated phone line (not toll free) I prove I am who I say I am and officially dispute the charges.

PayAlot begins their slow 'resolution' process which includes verifying another payment I made locally to someone for car parts. That transaction is being held hostage until all the other transactions are rectified. After several phone calls, emails, and etc I think we're straightened out. I then call up American Express to have my card #'s changed since I have no idea how much the thieves have on me AND PayUp EVEN RECOMMENDED I DO SO. Much to my surprise the next day I log on to PayCrap and they ask me if they can post a small charge to my old credit card # so they can reactivate the account. If I had known they needed to do that I would not have canceled my credit card and requested new #'s. Most of a week gets burned. I decide to pay my car buddy in cash for the parts I bought from him. It's embarrassing.

A few days later I get the new credit card and jump through PayDump's hoops. At this point they decide to let the charges ride and credit my account. This sucks because I will now have to wait 2-4 weeks for a check to arrive from PayAlot (because I took my checking account off there a long time ago) so I can pay my American Express bill. I also get to pay a $1.95 fee for this privilege. I call Amex to let them know that the charges should stand but that they should somehow put an asterisk by them saying the charges are fradulent and that I do not accept any liability or future charges from the vendors in question. All is fine for a month.

Then, inexplicably, American Express revokes payment on the transactions I flagged. This is mildly irksome but I guess understandable and what I wish would have happened from the start. Now I have to go back in to PayUp to cancel the 'charge backs', print out an affidavit, get it notarized, and fax it back to PayUp.

All of this could have been avoided if PayPunk would simply have voided the transactions. Instead they have maximized the inconvenience for me, the victim in all of this, and the guy who pays them (aka 'the customer').

LEAVE THE ROOM KIDS. DADDY NEEDS TO SAY ADULT THINGS TO THE COMPUTER.

PayPal, you are the biggest bunch of clueless incompetent ass-clowns.


You've taught me a valuable lesson on how to deal with you. The answer is, I won't. From now on you'll be dealing with American Express when something goes wrong. They're loyal to me, the customer, and will chew on your sorry asses like a rabid pit bull if you screw me around. I will avoid using my PayCrap account wherever possible. I can also promise you it will be a cold day in hell before you get my checking account info, so stop asking.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! You go BOY!!! I have had some things like this on my credit cards before. CitiBank was GREAT on getting me notified, taking care of the charge and getting me new cards.
Carrie

Melanie-Pearl said...

need me to come kick some a$$ with you? i'll be glad to.

teason said...

paydump...hahahahaha

7 dollar secrets said...

paysuck... hehehehe

Anonymous said...

Paypal SUCKS DICK. I CANCELED my account with them and will NEVER use them again