Monday, November 5, 2007

Notice to Appear Funky




Well, it looks like my annual invoice for membership in the Speeding Club has come due. I haven't paid in much the past 4 years so I guess it was time. My insurance company is convinced I'm an old man that lives in rural Harvey county and drives a fleet older non-performance vehicles. They practically pay me to insure my fleet so I doubt there will be a rate increase. If there is I can handle the extra $5/month, which would be 10% (take that you <30 kids!).

I could go into how ludicrous a fine in this particular zone is; 2-lanes each way, one commercial side road (the one I had just left), no residential or other buildings on either side of the road, line of sight for about 2 miles. Why does that add up to 45 mph? The lowest denominator car on the road driven by the least qualified driver would be safe to at least 55 or 60 there. Then I could argue how unsafe the cop was by pulling a u-turn in the middle of the this road with 2 cars in front of him and 2 behind. Don't tell me how this guy has special training (B.S.!). I'm willing to bet I've had more and was in a better vehicle. But I guess I won't go into either or those arguments. I'll just make my donation to Sedgwick County and be quiet about it. Maybe, just maybe Valentine (a company who makes nice radar detectors) will get my club dues for next year.

5 comments:

Annie said...

You filthy speeder!

Anonymous said...

Everyone at some point in time has to pay a velocity tax!

Carrie

Kim from Kansas said...

Condolences are in order. You should've started crying..oh wait, that probably doesn't work when you're a man, right?

chill24 said...

should be 60 mph at least! :)

teason said...

I got a notice to pay special taxes recently, too. Mine doesn't give an amount, though. I guess I'll have to call and find out.