Monday, October 8, 2007

Take Care of Your Back

...because you can't do anything without it. Seriously.
I thought I'd explain a few things about myself since there may be some new people here. I tweaked my back a week ago. I wasn't even doing anything strenuous, it was just bad ergonomics and fatigue. It all stems from an injury 2 years ago where I hyper extended my lower back while picking something up improperly. It wasn't particularly heavy but I had been in the car all day at the time and was kind of stiff. Shoulda bent at the knees. I couldn't walk for over a week and was in severe pain. I had to crawl to bathroom on my hands and knees (slowly!) that whole time. I remember getting stuck in a recliner for about 3 hours before figuring out how I could get out. It was the most horrible incapacitating pain I've ever felt, way worse than the kidney stone the year before. Anyway, you'd think after an ordeal like that that a person would do physical therapy and start dieting & exercising. Well, I didn't, and now I'm paying for it by partially reliving the pain of the original injury. If you see me walking a little sideways, sort of like the pose that the Marlboro man does, you'll know why.

1 comment:

Melanie-Pearl said...

sorry you have this pain. hope it's better by now.