Thursday, June 28, 2007

Heckschleuder

One of the engine suppliers I work with from Germany said that this is what I should call my car: Heckschleuder (pronounced like: HECK-schl-oi-der)

Various internet translators said it means:

Rear Catapult
Tail Centrifuge
Stern Sling

But apparently the best translation is Tail Sling. It's in reference to the sporty but light rear wheel drive BMW I picked up last fall. It's my work buddies' favorite lunchtime hauler and one of the best cars I've ever owned. Unfortunately I don't have a pic of it handy right now. Maybe tomorrow.

Anyway, I've never found a better combination of pure driving pleasure. It's not the fastest but it's zippy and nothing turns-in more willingly or wails quite the same when zooming up an entrance ramp. Long live the inline-6! The interior is all business and simplicity yet has a certain retro European look to it. I also dig the boxy yet svelte exterior styling. It's a German car but Bertone, a famous Italian car body design firm, penned the design for BMW. For me it doesn't get any better in form, fit, or function.

Now if just had more roll stiffness, a suspension rebuild, adjustable shocks, an exhaust header, a limited slip diff, a... (trailing off)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am regular νisitοг, hοw are you еverуbοԁy?

This aгtісle рosted at this ωеbsite is actually fastіdіοus.


Take a look at my homeρage :: Click Here